Via CRON Diary, I notice that a number of videos from the 4th annual Calorie Restriction Society conference have made their way to Google Video. For those who have a little spare time in what remains of the day, and want a taste of calorie restriction science in 2006, I might suggest the following:
- Steven Austad: How Ubiquitous is the Calorie Restriction Effect?
- Edward Masoro: the role of hormesis in life extension by calorie restriction
- Aubrey de Grey: the unfortunate influence of the weather on the rate of aging
- Luigi Fontana: Calorie and protein restriction, cancer and aging
- Arthur De Vany: Using intermittant stress and diet to alter aging dynamics
- Caleb Finch: The evolution of human longevity and its future: a view in 2006
- Stephen Spindler: Screening for longevity therapeutics using high density microarrays
I've focused on the scientific presentations, but you'll find a range of other multimedia has been uploaded to Google Video, including interviews with calorie restriction practitioners and other conference footage.