Reversing Hair Grayness By Suppressing Oxidative Stress

The graying of hair with increasing age is an early sign of increased oxidative stress in skin tissues around hair follicles. Researchers here demonstrate that it can be locally reversed by an antioxidant-based strategy. This shouldn't be taken to indicate that antioxidants are of general utility: the researchers are carefully augmenting the role of a specific natural antioxidant enzyme in an intricate chemical process, not just picking any random antioxidant and throwing it into the mix.

People who are going gray develop massive oxidative stress via accumulation of hydrogen peroxide in the hair follicle, which causes our hair to bleach itself from the inside out. The build up of hydrogen peroxide was caused by a reduction of an enzyme that breaks up hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen (catalase). Hair follicles could not repair the damage caused by the hydrogen peroxide because of low levels of enzymes that normally serve this function (MSR A and B). Further complicating matters, the high levels of hydrogen peroxide and low levels of MSR A and B, disrupt the formation of an enzyme (tyrosinase) that leads to the production of melanin in hair follicles. Melanin is the pigment responsible for hair color, skin color, and eye color.

The report shows that this massive accumulation of hydrogen peroxide can be remedied with a proprietary treatment developed by the researchers described as a topical, UVB-activated compound called PC-KUS (a modified pseudocatalase). What's more, the study also shows that the same treatment works for the skin condition, vitiligo.

Link: http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2013-05/foas-gha050313.php

Comments

hi
how can i start reversing my grey hair
any clinic in uk
thnx

Posted by: daniel at May 23rd, 2013 12:19 AM

I need this cure immediately. Please provide to me. I am only 25 but half my hair is turning white. It would be one thing if I were, say, 50, but not half that age. Needless to say, the chicks are turned off and I get a lot of negative comments relayed to me.

Posted by: steve at June 2nd, 2013 1:22 AM

hi I am 39 yrs. man .I am suffering with white hair problem with hair fall.Kindly plz. tell how may/in what kind I took this medicine- PC-KUS (a modified pseudocatalase)for the proper treatment

Posted by: vineet at July 4th, 2013 9:29 AM

Best way to have healthy hair is prevention, so try to be as healthy as possible for the future, don't focus on some gray hair.

Posted by: Johny at July 13th, 2013 2:42 PM

Is it really true that you can reverse greying??

Posted by: Lee at December 2nd, 2013 8:15 PM

I need this cure immediately. Please provide to me. I am only 32 but half my hair is turning white.

Posted by: shoba at January 13th, 2015 4:17 AM

Eat a lot of fruit and vegetables everyday to stop your hair from graying

Posted by: Amanda at March 6th, 2015 8:31 PM

Interested in a anti-grey solution.

I have had Dark blonde and some 20-50% greying hair and it's changing to grey fast.

Please let me know where I sign up providing there are "NO" side effects.

Posted by: D at September 22nd, 2015 7:41 PM

I'm 32 and my hair trun to white even my beard turning white. So please let me know about treatment to do for reverse my hair in natural colour.

Posted by: Karim Rozani at February 12th, 2016 6:54 AM

Please let me know how to repigment
My white hair since I was 26

Posted by: Jane Patton at March 2nd, 2016 7:22 PM

Im 20 and more than half my hair is white and more have been turning whire i have been looking for a cure. Please let me know about the treatment

Posted by: Clement at May 28th, 2016 10:45 AM

These questions look to me like they were written and posted by the same person!

Posted by: Skeptic19 at May 11th, 2017 4:33 PM

Coffee, tea, gluten and sugar are all bad for hair and will turn it grey for some people.

Posted by: Ed at August 20th, 2017 3:54 PM

Many of those issues (amyloidosis, oxidative stress, cancer, chronic inflammation) have been shown to be resolved in numerous research studies by eliminating insulin resistance via low carb paleo or ketogenic diets.

Also interesting are Parabiosis studies whereby older animals' circulatory systems were attached to younger ones. The tissues of the older animals and their stem cells were remarkably rejuvenated. Isolating those rejuvenation factors could substantially contribute to anti-aging therapies.

Posted by: Guest at November 28th, 2018 6:40 PM

Post a comment; thoughtful, considered opinions are valued. Comments incorporating ad hominem attacks, advertising, and other forms of inappropriate behavior are likely to be deleted.

Note that there is a comment feed for those who like to keep up with conversations.